Sunday 7 September 2014

Haul: Beauty (and Other) Bargains Galore

You won't see much beauty posts in here, but I thought I'd post a beauty (& other bits) haul since I seem to have accumulated a lot of make-up in the past weeks (entirely without meaning to). Prepare yourselves.


So I went on a mad (for me) nail polish shopping spree. But! Barry M had 3 for 2 for all their things, and I was on a hunt for a dark wine red colour with purple undertone (after using 'Milano' by Mavala from my mother's cupboard in Finland) and a topcoat. So obviously, I picked up an extra shade, as it was free! The shades I picked up were Red Wine, Berry Cosmo and a clear base/top coat.

Then I went to Poundworld. Now, everyone always raves about Poundland for make-up bargains. And it is great. But I made some great discoveries from Poundworld too!

Revlon Perfumerie! I've been wanting to try these since they came out, but due to mixed reviews, I couldn't justify the £6.49 price tag. But for £1 each? Absolutely. I picked up the shades Wintermint (sparkly light mint green), Balsam Fir (dark green) and Wild Violets (shimmery black-purple). I also spotted Fresh Linen (white), Moonlit Woods (light purple), Powder Puff (baby pink), Italian Leather (shimmery grey-brown), Espresso (deep dark brown) and African Tea Rose (bright coral pink). So if you've wanted to try the Perfumerie range, now's your chance!

Poundland and Poundworld are both great for nail polishes at the moment, with vast ranges of Revlon, Sally Hansen, OPI, Maybelline and countless other great brands on offer. So if you're on a hunt for new shades to add to your collection, head there. Definite bargains to be found!

I also picked up a Rimmel eyeshadow palette in 013 Sweet Smoulder from Poundworld. I won't be using the pink shade (pink eyeshadows look terrible on me), but I like the other three shades and it was only £1, so you can't really go wrong.

I had a voucher for extra 100 points at Boots when you bought any Collection or Natural Collection products, so I picked up this powder blush in 'Dusky Pink' from Natural Collection for £1.99. It's a really lovely shade and I've been using it a lot. I actually haven't had a powder blush for a good while, as my old one broke ages ago and I've been using Rimmel's Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint (in 004 Sunkissed Cherry) for the past months. I must say though, I miss my broken Lasting Finish Blendable Powder Blush & Highlighter in 'Winter Glow' by Rimmel and wish they still made it. It was such a perfect autumn/winter shade.

While I was in Finland, I found these Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tints in shades 'Mystical Mauve 02' and 'Marshmallow 05' for 2e and 2.95e each. Pretty good, don't you think? I can't find them on Boots website anymore, so I assume they're being discontinued. You can still find them on various online shops though! I've just ordered myself 'The Royal Plum 06', which is a beautiful dark red.
 
 I also picked up a matt powder (since my old one broke in the suitcase) by Lumene (a great Finnish make-up brand) which was on sale for only 5 euros (I think the original price was 15e). I got the lightest shade, which is called 'Vanilla Cream'.

A little non-beauty find in the mix, I got this turquoise waist belt 70% off at Accessorize (£4.50), and I was so happy with this. I've been wanting an elasticated waist belt for ages but haven't found that I liked (except for some gorgeous ones on Etsy!). This is perfect though, it's quite narrow, simple and in a great colour. 

I also got this nailfile-tweezer-mirror set from Poundland. I forgot my tweezers in Finland so I needed a new pair, and these were just really cute. And only £1!



I got these cat eye sunglasses for 70% off at Accessorize (£4.20). They looked so good that I had to get them even though the summer seems to be over!

TKMaxx is one of my favourite shops, and this time I picked up this beautiful Orla Kiely notebook (£4), which is still being sold in Waterstones for £14.99! The paper tag around the cover had some damage, but as I would have thrown it away anyway, I did not mind the slightest. I'm planning to use it for my dissertation planning (eek!).

I also bought a new (incredibly soft) CRÈME Organique powder brush and a new hairbrush by elite Professional (both £3.99) on same trip to TKMaxx. Both were much needed purchases! My old powder brush was a very old kabuki brush from Primark and while it did it's job fine, it was time for it to go, and my old hairbrush was doing more damage than good to my locks. I could feel the difference immediately. The brush works on both wet and dry hair, and is really great for detangling (which my old one definitely wasn't).

I ordered some bits from ASOS (which I will share in another post), but for some reason I decided to include this belt by Pull&Bear (£1.50) in this post. Probably because it fits the colour scheme so nicely haha.

Aaaand that's it for now. Wow. That is a lot of things! But considering it was all fairly well priced and a lot of the things I bought were actually things I needed (notebook, hairbrush, tweezers, powder brush, facial powder...), I don't feel bad about it.

I feel like haul posts just work better as videos. But I don't feel comfortable making videos? Haha. Blogger problems.

Until next time,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment