Friday 18 July 2014

This Week I Love... #1

I've seen a lot bloggers do weekly posts about things they are loving that week, things that make them happy, things they are grateful for and so on. I thought I'd start my own — This Week I Love...

First up:

Moroccan Houmous

via Pickles & Honey

I don't own a food processor (though it is first on my list of things to buy when I move out of student accommodation), so I've been making do with shop-bought instead of homemade. Tip, the Morrisons one is way superior to the one at Tesco's (if shopping at Tesco, go for the Asparagus, Broad Bean & Mint Houmous, because it is fantastic). 

The above photo is from a vegan recipe and lifestyle blog called Pickles & Honey, and the recipe sounds delicious!

Crafts

via Polka Dot Chair

I've always been a crafts person, but the inspiration and drive to actually make things seems to sort of come and go. Right now, I want to make everything. I started knitting again more while finishing up Buffy the Vampire Slayer this week, and now I can't stop. I need another series to watch so I can keep this up! Or maybe an audiobook. 

The crafts section at Pinterest has been a great source of inspiration and ideas, and my sewing machine is sitting on my table again, waiting for another project. Knitting sort of took over after I finished my pillow (which you can find on my Instagram!) almost 2 weeks ago.

I love the look of this handmade clutch tutorial on Polka Dot Chair, I might give it a go if I find any suitable fabrics in the stash I have with me here! This could also work as a laptop sleeve, with some extra padding. Mine's a bit old now, and I don't like it as much as I used to, so perhaps this will be the next project.

Confession: I don't use clutches. I like the way they look, but they just don't work for me.

Cats

via Pinterest
Okay, this is a bit of a cheat, because I love cats every week, every day, every hour. I am cat obsessed. But this week I've spent extra time browsing the Facebook page and website of Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium (I need to start planning another trip to London), and generally just looking at cat pictures online and squealing. I'm in love with Lady Dinah's Petra, she is such a beauty (have a look at their Facebook page). One of the things I'm most looking forward to about when I move out of student accommodation and settle into a home somewhere with my boyfriend is to finally have my own cat. I used to have cats at my dad's, and I miss having a fluffy companion around.

Ginger

via Mom On Timeout
 I know a lot of people associate ginger with Christmas and winter in general, as a warming ingredient in drinks, food and baked goods. Me, I love ginger in everything, all year round. Food, sweets, candles, perfumes (Lush's Smell of Freedom is one of my favourite perfumes)... anything!
 I recently bought some absolutely delicious stem ginger ice cream from Tesco and have been enjoying cheeky spoonfuls of it this week. Apart from food and sweet things? I'm planning a visit to The Yankee Store this weekend to have a sniff at their new Indian Summer collection, which includes a very tempting 'Ginger Dusk' scent, and I may go and pick up Granny Takes A Dip bath bomb from Lush, in anticipation of a couple of days off work next week.

The above smoothie from Mom On Timeout looks like the perfect thing for light breakfast or post-workout snack, and I can't wait to try the recipe out! I love the combination of pear and ginger (makes amazing jam too).

Until next time,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment