Sunday 23 March 2014

Retail therapy

Yesterday I decided to indulge in a little retail therapy (not that I hadn't already received the ASOS goodies from my last post this week, and also ordered Stylish Surprise Apparel & Shoes from Modcloth...!), as a treat after the previous 3 weeks of insanity. Here's what I got!

 WHAT I GOT:
Two tops from H&M (25% off with a card I got from a Glamour Magazine!)
LUSH Let the Good Times Roll Cleanser (which I have been lusting after for AGES)
Loose leaf tea
Granola (Food Doctor granola is SO HARD to get hold of in Aberdeen, so this definitely classifies as a find — thank you TK Maxx. Still no sign of my coveted Spiced Carrot granola though, grrr.)
Top 1: Striped basic t-shirt | Top 2: Red polka dot shirt
I love my classics. Polka dots and stripes are absolute staples of my wardrobe, and you can see me sporting one or the other at least 3 times a week in some form or another. I've been wanting a white shirt with thin black lines for a little while now, so here we go.
 I finished my day out in John Lewis, who are offering a fantastic membership deal: free hot drink and cake every month! I had a pot of English Breakfast with a plain scone and raspberry jam. Sadly I could not see any clotted cream, and wasn't offered, so my experience was not quite as quintessentially English as it could have been. ;) The Espresso Bar (which I've been to the past two months) was packed at 4pm on a Saturday, so I opted for The Place To Eat. Not nearly as picturesque, so I did not feel the need to snap a photo of my solitary cream tea (sans the cream!).

A late night OOTD from yesterday!

Sadly the quality is a bit lacking – mostly because I can't be bothered to set up my camera and tripod since my room is not suitable as a background at the moment (hosting people, essay deadlines and a dance show to prepare for have left it in a state).
I also didn't actually wear the mint heels out. Despite my desperate hope for warmer weather, Aberdeen remains windy and cold, so my heels and ballet flats will have to bide their time until warmer weather, when my toes won't freeze. I'm crossing my fingers for Brighton next week.
Until next time,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment